As MECQ is put into effect in Metro Manila once more, it’s still a good idea to be vigilant. The threat of COVID-19 remains prevalent and everyone must contribute to flattening the curve. We should remain cautious and strive to keep ourselves, our loved ones, and everyone around us safe.
To help mitigate the spread of the virus, we must remember to stay responsible by practicing good hygiene habits. These seemingly small efforts could go a long way. By building these habits, we lessen our exposure to harmful elements, develop a sense of awareness for our personal health, and show care for others.
● Everyone must wash their hands using soap and running water as much as possible for at least 20 seconds. This is because washing with soap and water has been scientifically proven to be far more effective at removing common illness-causing germs and viruses than any other cleansing means.
● When going to crowded or public spaces to get essentials, remember to maintain a distance of at least six feet between other people. Practicing physical distancing reduces the risk of inhaling disease-causing droplets.
Coughing and sneezing
● Everyone should cover their mouths and noses with a tissue when they cough or sneeze. Tissues must be disposed properly after each use.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
● When going out, remember to wear a face mask. Face masks block harmful droplets from entering the respiratory system. Having a mask on protects the wearer and the people they encounter when going out and about.
Disinfection and sanitation
● Whenever returning home, it is important to disinfect shoes and clothes. Also, cleaning the house and disinfecting high-touch items regularly are good preventive measures against illnesses.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Only use hand sanitizers and rubbing alcohol that contains at least 60% alcohol.
● Stay alert and be properly informed. Only follow guidelines from trusted news and health organizations.
To keep Okada Manila a safe, virus-free space, our strengthened health and safety measures remain in place. Learn more about them at www.okadamanila/3T